Saturday, July 24, 2010

Building Blocks of a Learning Module

My new role as the "online learning coordinator" is still being defined, but I thought I would create a resource for our teachers that would introduce them to online learning--the opportunity and the challenge.

Guiding Questions
  • Why should I consider using online teaching strategies?
  • What characteristics make an effective online teacher?
  • What is currently happening in the Issaquah School District?
  • How can I determine the opportunities for me and my class?

Goals

  • Inform and educate Issaquah teachers about online learning in general and what's happening in the Issaquah School District.
  • Help teachers decide if they are ready to pursue online learning.
  • Provide information and tools for the teacher to assess opportunities for their class.

Objectives

  • Teachers learn about current trends in online learning through informative links.
  • Teachers build awareness of what is happening around them through postings of projects and efforts that are currently underway.
  • Teachers are given the opportunity to engage with current teachers and administrators to learn how they can make steps to integrate online learning in their classroom.
  • Teachers assess their abilities against effective online learning characteristics to determine their professional development needs.
  • Teachers request assistance in taking the next steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment